Position Overview: Applies electrical design knowledge, skill and ability to create
construction drawings for the project owner and provides continuous professional
support throughout the entire construction process.
- Chicago, IL
- South Barrington, IL
- Orlando, FL
Reports To: Studio Chair / PIC
Level: Electrical Engineer II
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Produces construction electrical documents appropriate for permitting based on project specifics.
- Accurately and timely produces electrical design elements consistent with project specifications.
- Accurately and timely produces design elements in accordance with the project hours, scope & parameters.
- Produces accurate and complete load calculations within project parameters.
- Provides research design options consistent with project requirements.
- Selects appropriate equipment for project type.
- Actively participates in post design activities through to construction completion.
- Assists in the preparation of other documents germane to a project with
enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Follows established work rules, policies and procedures.
- Actively engages with other members of the company to continuously strive to improve processes, create efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Cooperatively takes on other duties, roles or responsibilities as assigned
Non-essential Job Functions
- Other general office processes and procedures and project activities.
- Actively participate in a company committee or rock.
- 4 year degree in Engineering required, EIT preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of construction process and interpretation of
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering standards and other trades.
- Knowledge of Engineering drafting standards.
- Knowledge of building codes and standards.
- Knowledge and utilization of company & design standards.
- Basic knowledge of software tools; i.e. SKM, lighting calcs, etc.
- Knowledge of AutoCad and/or Revit.
- Good communication skills.
- Team oriented, professional, self-starter, with positive attitude and multi-tasking capability.