Position Overview: Provides project set-up support in the preparation of CAD drawings and project x-ref’s as well as basic adjustments to existing designs in the form of added red-lines, schedules, and title blocks. Break down information obtained from specifications, sketches, customer layout drawings and instructions furnished by others and convert information into detailed drawings with section views and dimensions.
Location: South Barrington, IL
Reports To: Studio Chair / PIC
Level: Designer CAD I
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Accurately and timely sets up engineering sheets for assigned projects.
- Accurately and timely updates title blocks and backgrounds in accordance with required specifications, and project parameters.
- Accurately and timely plots, stamps and prepared documents to be sent to client.
- Accurately and timely produces CAD drawings in accordance with required specifications, and project parameters for assigned Engineering projects.
- Assists in the preparation of other documents germane to a project with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Follows established work rules, policies and procedures.
- Actively engages with other members of the company to continuously strive to improve processes, create efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Cooperatively takes on other duties, roles or responsibilities as assigned.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Other general office processes and procedures and project activities.
- Knowledge of Engineering drafting standards.
- A High School Diploma required, with a 2-year degree preferred.
- Zero to 3 years of AutoCad LT 2010 or Higher experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Team oriented, professional, self-starter, with positive attitude and multi-tasking capability.